Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to…
- define motivational interviewing and how this applies to mindful eating
- review the literature supporting this approach
- feel confident in overcoming challenging situations with clients who are weight focused
- help a client identify and explore their issues around eating, what’s behind their wishes to lose weight
- assess patient needs through change talk and language for stage of change
- implement nutrition care plan using motivational interviewing and mindful eating techniques
- analyze follow up sessions to identify learning gaps, learning opprotunities, and shifting client language to support behaviour change.